ANST - Kingdom membership

Lewis, Jason JLewis at birch.com
Fri Feb 18 09:50:05 PST 2000

How does paying more affect cost? Hum. I have a family of five. Yes I am
a member and my wife has the family membership. So, two of the five of us
are members. If non members have to pay $2 extra, that just raised my cost
by $6, not bad, but in the long run of 12 events later it has cost me an
addtional $72.Which I could not afford and I would have to attend less
events. If as was first expressed is done with a $5 cost, I would be
spending $15 dollars extra per event, and I would quit the SCA because I
could never afford to do anything. We currenlty attend about 20 events a
year. $120 to $300.

<snip>

I am new here and will make this brief, You also forgot to add the cost of
traveling to said event, if you are in Elfsea and need to goto Northkeep for
the event, you might incur a 100$ trip up and back with a family of 5 just
paying for gas, food, and drink.

Gwalchmai Saethydd
AKA. He who hates to pay a site fee, but understands the need.