ANST - Kingdom membership

Dottie Elliott macdj at flash.net
Fri Feb 18 21:28:08 PST 2000

>How does paying more affect cost? Hum. I have a family of five. Yes I am
>a member and my wife has the family membership. So, two of the five of us
>are members. If non members have to pay $2 extra, that just raised my cost
>by $6, not bad, but in the long run of 12 events later it has cost me an
>addtional $72. <snip>

If you bought associate memberships for all then you wouldn't have to pay
the extra surcharge but it would be $30 more in memberships. My 2 kids,
ages 3 & 7, have associate memberships because they participate in our
local group and at events and, therefore, should be members too.

Having a family DOES cost more but it is sort of the decision one makes
when one decides to have a family. Going out to dinner, to Fiesta Texas,
etc is all more expensive. That's life with kids. Most events do help
families with young children by charging less since the younger set don't
necessarily get to 'benefit' from events as adults do. I could certainly
see not charging kids a surcharge to get in but I don't have a problem
with charging adults. Quite honestly I believe that if you can't afford
the membership fee you can't afford the SCA. I have been a member since
less than 1 month after finding the SCA 16 years ago. I believe in
supporting the organization I enjoy.

Clarissa