ANST - Lyonesse Letters of Intent

Tim Lozos timden at lcc.net
Tue Feb 29 18:54:19 PST 2000

>The Lady Lyonesse has also been wondering what could possibly have happened
>to the fine warrior who has been Champion of the Isle for the last two
>years.  She has received no letter from Sir Timotheus or from his rare and
>excellent lady.  Surely something must have befallen them......

My Lady Lyonesse,

True tales of hardship are here!  After a labor intensive search for all of
the right things to tell you, My Lord and I finally constructed a letter
that was the epitome of perfect!  We scripted the written portion in the
finest gold filament we could muster, and embedded diamonds and rubies in
clusters around the edges.  Finally, we dampened the paper with the sweat of
a thousand single, good looking men, and allowed this to dry.  As this was a
bit on the "aromatic" side, we included the scent of a most pleasing pomander.

I took this wonderous letter and intrusted it to my finest carrier pidgeon.
He took up to his wings with such the most beautiful stride, that it brought
tears to my eyes!  As he soared and sailed, he narrowly missed a tree top
and then skirted the edge of a large nest.  Unfortunately for my pigeon, he
irritated the occupant to the point of action, causing the largest Hawk I've
ever seen to come swooping out of the sky and give chase to my slight bird.
My poor creature flew as fast as he was able, pushing his poor body to the
limits of his capabilities, but alas succumbed to the ravenous jaws of the
larger bird.

Several hours later, as we were having a proper burial for our beloved
servant, a hawk flew down to the grave site with a masterful glint in his
eye.  Upon closer examination, we noticed the glint was in fact a large
diamond, which most assuredly came from your letter.

This little life lesson taught us a couple of things:   The things that are
most dear to our hearts are our friends.   Diamonds only attract large mean
tempered things.  And last but not least, you can not expect Lady Lyonesse
to receive her letter of intent from her most faithful and trusted servant
Sir Timotheos if her wife holds on to it instead of mailing it.  (This was
rectified on Monday the 28th, much to the chagrin of her husband who lives
two hundred and fifty miles away....)

My sincere apologies for any mistrust or hurtful feelings that I may have
caused.

In True Service to You and the Isle of Lyonesse,

Allyson Tymmes, wife of Sir Timotheos Kalamanos, the brave two time Defender
of
your paradise