ANST - period boots

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Wed Jan 5 16:54:13 PST 2000

The other day, when I mentioned two of the files in my Florilegium
having to
do with period shoes and possible substitutes for SCA use, I forgot to
mention this file, also in the CLOTHING section:
p-shoes-msg       (50K)  4/17/96    Medieval footwear.

The following message is excerpted from this file for those looking for
specific period boot referances. Some of these may be a little earlier
than those given here previously. Some of the earlier messages here should
end up in this file shortly.

My files are at: http://www.florilegium.org

Hope this is useful.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net

> From: huff at bronze.lcs.mit.EDU (Robert Huff)
> Newsgroups: rec.org.sca
> Subject: CRAFTS: Leather Boots
> Date: 24 Oct 1994 21:49:37 -0400
>
> About 18 months ago I did a fair amount of casual research on
> period footwear, and feel marginally qualified to address two issues.

<snip>