[ANST - New Peerage Proposal]

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Wed Jan 5 19:45:31 PST 2000

Trish Kvamme (ladyoftherose at hotmail.com) said something that sounded like:
> We are one of a very, very small minority of Kingdom's that doesnt grant a
> Patent of Arms to it's former Kings and Queens.

It sounds good to me. Having to earn a PoA through other methods than
happening to be the hot stick jock (or their consort) on any particular
day doesn't bother me that much. (Yes, it's a little exageration, but
I've heard it said by many including those who've won.)

While many people are deserving of many things, *I* feel that the honors
and titles you receive for being the Crown are enough. There is no need
to have a PoA thrown on top as the cherry of sundae. They will still be
a Count/ess, Duke/Dutchess, etc. even without that PoA icing.

Btw, I am definately not one who feels that just because we are in the
minority of Kingdoms for this that we should do it. Parents just love
that discussion.

Just my humble opinion.

Ciao,