ANST - Patents?

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Thu Jan 6 08:53:34 PST 2000

> While many people are deserving of many things, *I* feel that the honors
> and titles you receive for being the Crown are enough. There is no need
> to have a PoA thrown on top as the cherry of sundae. They will still be
> a Count/ess, Duke/Dutchess, etc. even without that PoA icing.

I agree. And this is something I've never fully understood although Her
Grace has tried to explain until she's blue in the face. I feel that the rank
and precedence of Royalty is reward enough. After all, I didn't get at
Centurion when I got my Knighthood. Royalty outranks Peerage. Why
should someone also get an arbitrary Peerage as well? With or without
this shadow Peerage the Royals (mainly for the Ladies of the Rose)
will not get anything different than they recieve now. Any respect,
power, deference or lack therof will be gained through their actions and
what the populace feels towards them. I simply do not understand this
Peerage attachment. The only thing I've heard was that those rulers
deemed as less than stellar would not be granted a Patent. I feel this
could become a dangerous club to weild. Our rulers, good, bad, indifferent,
are judged by the people they rule and no award or precedence will
change that.

> Btw, I am definately not one who feels that just because we are in the
> minority of Kingdoms for this that we should do it. Parents just love
> that discussion.

Well, Ansteorra has always been a bit of a maverick. That's what I love
about this Kingdom.

> --
> Phelim "Pug" Gervase

Yers,