ANST - torre 12 night - archery, rapier, bardic

R Husted rhusted at angleton.isd.tenet.edu
Sat Jan 1 09:49:28 PST 2000

Greetings to Friends of Torre.
Twelth Night is just around the corner. I am hoping to see many of you
this wekend for what promises to be a wonderful event. Several classes
are planned; Lucet weaving, dance and mead making.  The days activities
will beging for Rapeir competitors with a tourney in the morning, and
proceed into the aftrnoon for archers with a Poker shoot and a Sheep
shoot as the planned competitions. Bards, come vie for our title bardic
position. Shop at merchants tables as well as at the silent auction.
Games, dancing, and a wonderful feast will round out the day. Desserts
and Wassail will be served after court. (donations are welcome to the
buffet table).

Several activities for children are planned, bardic, archery, and games
as well as an on site playground are available.

The schedule for the event is:
(still subject to change but not too likely at this time)

8  troll opens
9  armor inspection rapier tourney begins
10 silent auction opens, games tourney begins,
11 Lucet cord class
12 Lunch buffet
1  Childrens bardic competition begins, Archery begins
2  Title bardic competition begins games tourney ends, Mead making class
4  Dance Class
5  Bell chior preformance, Silent auction closes
6  Court of misrule, Feast
   Court
   Dancing
   Dessert buffet & wassail  ---DONATIONS WELCOME---
11:30 site clean up
12 site closes

Site fee is $6, family max $18, children 6-12 half price under 6 free
Feast $5  under 12 free
Make checks payable to: SCA, Inc. - Canton of Torre de los Brazos

For more information and directions see our web page at
www.mastnet.net/~torre or contact

Lady Medb (Rachel Husted)
(409) 848-2048
rhuste at angleton.isd.tenet.edu