[ANST - New Peerage Proposal]

Keith Hood hoodkl at netscape.net
Tue Jan 4 15:53:58 PST 2000

> A proposal for an new peerage to cover areas not fully covered by
> our current SCA -wide award structure, has been put together for
> presentation to the BOD. This proposed additional peerage would cover,
> but not be limited to, prowess and skill in the skills of the field:
> Archery, equestrian activities, the hunt, non tournament war skills(such
> as siege, missile combat, pike, scouting, etc), rapier combat and thrown
> weapons.

I have a request to make of the people who may be minded to respond to this
post on this list.

We have seen discussion of this type of mixed-bag peerage-level awards before.
 The last time this came up, the argument degenerated almost to the level of
open warfare.  I have to admit I contributed my share to pushing the matter
too close to serious conflict.  This time, I would like very much to see the
discussion remain calm, and I am determined to remain so myself if I do speak
up on the subject.  I think we would all be better served if the exchange
remains cordial.

Thanks.  Happy New Millenium.

     Tomonaga

------

A long bow and a stong bow,
And let the sky grow dark.
The nock to the cord, the shaft to the ear,
And a foreign king for a mark!

     --  Stolen from "The Song of the Bosonian Archers" --
               By Robert E. Howard, who should be
                 the patron saint of Ansteorra