[ANST - New Peerage Proposal]

Trish Kvamme ladyoftherose at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 5 09:10:57 PST 2000

A proposal for an new peerage to cover areas not fully covered by
>our current SCA -wide award structure, has been put together for
>presentation to the BOD. This proposed additional peerage would cover,
>but not be limited to, prowess and skill in the skills of the field:
>Archery, equestrian activities, the hunt, non tournament war skills(such
>as siege, missile combat, pike, scouting, etc), rapier combat and thrown
>weapons.>

I find myself having alot of very mixed feelings on this subject, let me
explain....

We are one of a very, very small minority of Kingdom's that doesnt grant a
Patent of Arms to it's former Kings and Queens.

Because this is my home, and I have come to know and love the Crowns past
and present of this Kingdom, this saddends me deeply.

For myself, I cannot open my mind on the subject of another order of peerage
when I am still grieving over this issue.

When there stands so many before me that I see deserving, I guess have a
problem de-railing my thought train, but then again, my feelings on this
issue are no secret :)

Larissa