ANST - SR Chronicler Officer Update Info

Dan Roberts dan at entc.tamu.edu
Thu Jan 6 09:11:31 PST 2000

 "David Hoffpauir"  said

for anyone interested,

Having pointed this out, and deftly side-stepping the millennium issue, I
will adamantly argue that a new century has begun.  A new one begins with
every second, half-second or however you care to meter time and one equally
closes. I for one am liberal enough to believe that one hundred years has
past. Somehow. It's all dependent on where you count back to.  It may not
square off with a nice round number at the stroke of midnight.  So what!
It's a human thing, none of the other creatures I've met seem to care.

<lots snipped>

   Just think...if people are convinced that the new millennium hasn't started we will have to go through another year of  stupid  tv news spots and commercials aimed at the new century/millennium. I don't know if I can take it!!!

                                                                  Time to go back to sleep....
                                                                   Ivan the Hedgehog