ANST - Ireland

Sean Gulick sean at utig.ig.utexas.edu
Thu Jan 6 05:38:35 PST 2000

Hi,

Although I am not an authority on the subject, I am fairly certain it was
called Ireland as today.  During the War of the Roses which was quite a bit
earlier it was was called Ireland and there was even a parlimentary office
referring to Ireland by name (although I must admit I do not remember the exact
office title).  I do not know exactly when it was first called such but
certaintly it was prior to 1666.  Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Gideon

ches at io.com wrote:

> What was the land mass of Ireland called in the year 1666?
>
> Sincerely,
> F. Havas
> ches at io.com

'Honor the past, live the present, create the future'
Sean Sandifer Gulick, PhD

PGI Postdoctoral Fellow
Institute for Geophysics
University of Texas