ANST - The New **********

Brent Hanner behanner at castleliechtenstein.net
Thu Jan 6 13:03:02 PST 2000

Rod Jackson wrote:

> Is anyone besides myself upset that all of the
> calenders for 2000 A.D. are incorrect?
>
> When His Holiness created the Gregorian Calender in
> 1582, he stipulated that there would be and added day
> every four years EXCEPT those century ENDING years
> divisible by 400 (1600, *2000*, 2400, etc).  Those
> years would not have the extra day.  All of the
> calenders that I have seen so far have a 29th of
> February clearly marked. OOPS!!!!

This is incorrect.  a leap year is every year divisible by 4 except those
devisible
by 100 except those devisible by 400.  2000 is a leap year.  Your calanders
should have a Feb 29.  Most HS computer science students learn how to
solve this problem so the only reason anything should be wrong is if the
calculations
are done with 00 instead of 2000.

Peder

--
"I sprang up then so overwrought that I had neither sense nor thought
and raved unthinking down a steep incline to water which was deep

Service of Ladies by Ulrich von Lichtenstien