ANST - Ireland

Fopdejour1 at aol.com Fopdejour1 at aol.com
Thu Jan 6 14:50:50 PST 2000

In a message dated 01/06/2000 7:12:10 PM !!!First Boot!!!, ches at io.com writes:

<< What was the land mass of Ireland called in the year 1666?

 Sincerely,
 F. Havas
 ches at io.com >>

Ches,

    I am pretty sure it was called Ireland.  In the official title of
Elizabeth, She was titled: HRM Elizabeth by the Grace of God, Queen of
England, France and Ireland, Supreme governor of the Church of England in all
things ecclesiastical as well as temporal....or pretty close to that.  Since
it existed in 1508 as Ireland, I am pretty sure in 1666 under Charles II it
was the same.
    The English part of Ireland, or the part actually controlled and settled
by the English, was a very small area on the eastern coast was known as The
Pale.

Chas de B