ANST - (no subject)

Bella elvenwolf at geotec.net
Mon Jan 10 06:06:42 PST 2000

I agree. If I had gone to the 'official' website for the Barony I had recently
moved into and gone to where that website had said meetings were to be held
and waited for an hour for someone to show uo, I would be more than peeved too.
Baronial websites are there predominately to keep the populace, and ESPECIALLY
the newcomers, informed of things such as meetings and fighter practies. If
NOTHING else gets updated, those things should be. And with all the other information
outdated or incorrect, why should the person have assumed the webmaster's e-mail
address was correct, or that the officers were still the same? If the site hasn't
been updated in what ..weeks....months..., why should he assume the webmaster
was still online at all?

I agree the e-mail was written in anger, or at the least frustration and irritation,
but how would YOU feel it if were you that had been left waiting? I think a
little chastisement is in order for Bjornsburg. How many others might you be
losing that won't bother to say anything at all? Fact is, it shouldn't be up
to a newcomer to use 'internet savvy' to figure out where to go when the Barony
or Shire has an official website up supposedly with this information on it.
It should be up to the group to maintain correct meeting information.

Maybe this was a bit of a public forum to do it in,and perhaps it could have
been handled more politey, but on the other hand, I wonder how many webmasters
checked to make sure THEIR sites were correct?

Just an opinion,

Lady Sibeal inghean ui Ruairc

http://netwinsite.com