ANST - Fwd: Site Operations & Improvements for Estrella War 2000

Trish Kvamme ladyoftherose at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 11 08:54:13 PST 2000

I was asked by the Marshallate in Atenveldt to post this to our list here in
Ansteorra.  For those of you who are attending this war, there indeed will
be an Ansteorran Encampment, a local Barony in Atenveldt (The Barony of
Sundragon) has graciously offered to set aside land for us, make us some
local maps, and act as good will guides to help us in our first visit to the
new site.

Our encampment will be nearby our Outlandish friends as well!

Please contact me if you plan on attending so I can get a "body count" in
advance so I can arrange for enough land for us.

In service,

Larissa

Your Grace,

We have been asked to assist in getting out information about site
improvements for Estrella War XVI.  Could you get the below letter from the
War Autocrat published on the Ansteorran and Meridies Lists?  Feel free to
share it or publish it where you wish.

Also, the War autocrats are seeking water truck drivers for the event. You
must be legal to operate such a water
truck AND willing to do so a bit at the War.  Those interested should email
the Estrella War Volunteer Autocrat, Baroness Ynez at element at inficad.com.

Last, please notice the War website address has changed from estrellawar.com
to estrellawar.org.

We look forward to seeing you and your Gentle Lord in February!

Mathghamhain and Katerina
Duke and Duchess of Atenveldt

Site Operations & Improvements for Estrella War 2000
Queen Creek, AZ February 16-21, 2000

Dear Friends,
In order to dispel rumors and give factual information to all, here's the
latest regarding Estrella War  2000.  Our staff has worked long and hard
these past few months, and continues to be committed to creating an
outstanding event for all our attendees to enjoy and remember.  Please
contact us or our deputies for further questions, or visit our Website:
www.Estrellawar.org.

What Site Improvements have been made?
(A) Dust Control - This year the site owner has planted winter grass in the
main camping field and has been watering it regularly.  It is green -
pictures will be posted on our Website.  It was decided by our Autocrats,
the Crown and our Atenveldt Kingdom Financial Committee to dedicate a large
number of funds to improve the site.  This was our number one priority, and
is part of our contract with the site owner.

Arrangements have also been put in place for two "water trucks" to be making
numerous passes on the interior roads prior and during the event, to help
minimize the traffic dust on the interior roads.  Please keep in mind, in
order for the trucks to make these passes; driving on the grass will again
be restricted to quick loading and unloading.

(B) Amenities- This year the contract and budget for amenities has also been
greatly increased. More porta-johns (regular & handicapped) will be on site,
more pumping and more cleaning daily, and handwashing stations will be with
each station.

(C) Camping Space- With the changes in the War Treaty, all heavy weapons
fighting scenarios will take place in the improved Battle Pit.  This freed
up one half of the NE field of the site for more overflow camping.  The site
layout will be designed by Kingdoms, with large maps prominently displayed
at Troll, Security & Merchants Point.

(D) Directions, information & Signs - We realized parking and road signs
needed to be created and more clearly defined parking issues were in order.
The Far West lot will once again be the primary parking lot.  We understand
the inconvenience.  The parameter parking will be primarily restricted to
handicapped parking only.  The lot north of the Grand Court will be limited
to handicapped and Merchant Parking only.  Dash cards will be issued at the
Troll, and these parking restrictions will be enforced.

These restrictions will be posted clearly in the forms of 1) Maps posted
2)map published in the GateBook and 3) Road signs.  It is VERY LIKELY you
WILL be towed for failure to follow these restrictions.

Please come prepared - Most of us are city dwellers, going from our climate
controlled homes, to our climate controlled vehicles to our climate
controlled places of employment or colleges, suddenly thrust into a dirty,
smoky environment with a few thousand friends from around the globe.  Add to
this the unpredictable weather, cold and windy, or dry and hot - It's
Phoenix.
If you have known respiratory history or allergies, you are urged to contact
your family physician prior to the event & bring whatever prescriptions or
over-the-counter medications you may need in a varied environment. Please
consider this a primitive site.
All minors attending the event must be accompanied by a parent or legal
guardian also attending the event.  Proof of temporary guardianship IS
required. You must have two copies of notarized documentation if you are
bringing other minor children onto site with you OTHER THAN YOUR OWN
CHILDREN.  These papers must originate from your state of origin; one form
to be kept at event registration & the other with the child/guardian.  If
you arrive without documentation you will not be allowed onto site.
The Estrella War Staff & the SCA are not responsible for providing this
documentation NOR CAN THEY.   This paperwork is the responsibility of the
parents and guardian bringing the child onto site (under 18 years of age).

Yours in Service,
Baroness Alexandra de Le Mer Vert, OP
Estrella War 2000
Co-Main Autocrat