ANST - New period casting list

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Tue Jan 11 11:34:19 PST 2000

... current pgp public key for jyeates at realtime.net available at
certserver.pgp.com

> I apologize for the intrusion, but I wanted to inform you of
> a new period metalcasting mailing list. Below you can find all the
> pertinent addresses.

"intrusions" of this sort are *always* welcome, at least for those of
us who continually thurst for new resources / information of this
type.  thanks for the heads up.  i've added it to my craft elist
hierachy and passed it along to several other inactice scadian types
who would benefit from it ...

> The purpose of this list is to provide a forum for those
> interested in the art of period metalcasting to share information
> and ideas. I cordially invite one and all to join us.

a comment ... the posted description of this list is (taken directly
from the "onelist" site):

Description
To provide a forum for those interested in small scale, home based,
metal casting. All levels of expertise welcome.

if you're the moderator, and you want it period-centric, then you
should change the posted description to reflect those desires.

otherwise the readers should understand that they are signing up for
a list focused on general, small scale casting, that is not
necessarily exclusivly *period* casting

simply a word of warning for those who tend to get their knickers
excessively bunched about personal interpretations of what is
allowable "period" demarcations and/or arguements about what is
list-appropriate.  POV comes from   several other useful general and
"period" craft-centric elists where far too often this type of
foolishness rears it's ugly head causing the useful information flow
to degenerate into ego-centric noise and primate chest-thumping (g).

from my perspective, open to learn more about bronze & silver
technique to produce ethnic (primarily keltoi) and architectural
design using available modern resources where appropriate.  got a new
metal-centric shop space almost out of design and planning stage
(seeking a foundation contractor at the moment) and already working
out the gas line changes necessary to feed a small melting furnace
(to continue previous work done in sand & lost wax technique).

see ya'll around the foundary (g)

'wolf
.. yet another metal-head (g)