ANST - Questions about Kings & Queens

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Tue Jan 4 08:52:16 PST 2000

Amy20987699 at aol.com (Amy20987699 at aol.com) said something that sounded like:
> Please excuse me if I ask silly or difficult questions.

I love these questions. *grin*

Remember, these are *my* opinions.

>      I have a general ideal of what the King/Queen does, but what are the
> most difficult things a king/queen has to do?

Dealing with people. They have emotions, ulterior motives, and the like
that make them human. Unfortunately everyone is different, so you have
to figure out the best of of doing the right thing instead of the
popular thing.

If it wasn't for all the people, it would just be tiring and expensive.

> What makes a "good"crown?

A crown that does the following:

1) Recognizes the people that deserve it.
2) Doesn't promote the people who don't deserve it.
3) Makes good decisions that benefit the majority of the people instead
   of a select few. These decisions are not always the popular ones
   though.

> What do people mean when they talk about an "ineffective crown"?

An ineffective crown is one that basically rides out the rein without doing
anything spectacular nor stirring up the watter. These are the ones that
may not be remembered by the mass of the people. ON the other hand, they
are better in my opinion that those "bad crowns".

Ciao,