ANST - Questions about Kings & Queens

Rayburn, Timothy TRayburn at insurdata.com
Tue Jan 4 09:09:06 PST 2000

Welcome to our fair Society, my dear lady.  I hope you enjoy what you see
and learn here.  Let me see if I can try to answer some of your very
reasonable questions.

1) What are the most difficult things a king/queen has to do?

Having not served in the position, this is not exactly up my alley, but I
would offer this.  Our Crown travels the entire Kingdom, they are at an
event nearly every weekend.  On top of this, they must deal with award
recommendations, decisions on Kingdom Law, problems in local groups ... Oh,
and I think most of them still hold down a full-time job. ;)  The position
is one that requires immense work and dedication, and that alone deserves
them the populace's respect.

2) What makes a "good" crown?

This answer will change by each person, as each person looks to the crown
for different things.  Personally I look to the crown to be a shining
example of how this Society should be played.  I look for a regal air and
presence, just decisions, generous rewards to those gentles who deserve
recognition, and so forth.  If a crown can do this, _I_ will consider them a
"good" crown.

3) What do people mean when they talk about an "ineffective crown"?

Well, this to may vary, but it very likely has to do with an ineffectiveness
to accomplish what needs to be accomplished within the Kingdom.  We are a
diverse and spirited group, and each Crown must use their 9 months (3 as
Prince/Princess, 6 as Crown) to capture our hearts and at the least make the
changes that are needed for the good of the Kingdom.

What if good for the kingdom is, again, a matter of opinion.

I hope that this has answered some of your questions.  If you will let me
know what area you reside in, I could put you in contact with your local
groups Hospitaller.  This is an officer who is there just to make the
transition to joining our fair Society as easy as possible for you.  They
can also answer many of your questions of this regard, though this is also a
perfectly acceptable arena for such questions.

Honor Super Gloria,

Timothy of Glastonbury
Protégé to Viscount Galen of Bristol

On Tuesday, January 04, 2000 10:45 AM, Amy20987699 at aol.com