ANST - Ireland

Fopdejour1 at aol.com Fopdejour1 at aol.com
Thu Jan 6 18:17:46 PST 2000

<< What part of France did the English control at this time?

 I thought they had lost all of their continental possessions by
 this time.

 Thanks.
   Stefan li Rous
   stefan at texas.net >>

What part of France do they control now?

That is correct that HVIII lost the remaining English possessions in France,
namely Calais.  However, the English Crown retained the title, even up
untill this very day...The English monarch is addressed by such title with
the inclusion of Scotland which was added under James VI and I of
England...<shrug>
    I believe the English claim to France goes back to Henry V, who believed
he was
the rightful heir to the throne of France from his mother's side... The
French under Salic law, the French law of succession, obviously disagreed.
....bla bla bla  battle of Agincourt.....bla bla bla.

Chas de B

Sorry for the second posting, but I forgot to spellcheck and re-read my post
due to the fact I was being distracted on an IM by a certain female squire
who's initals are BEA!!!!!

ROFL   :-P