ANST - (no subject)

j_smallw at titan.sfasu.edu j_smallw at titan.sfasu.edu
Mon Jan 10 17:33:43 PST 2000

As far as the original complaint, I had already deleted it before this
became such a heated topic.  Therefore I cannot review it, but as I recall
it fell somewhere between polite and outright flame.  The response back to
the person was what I would consider a bit much, though.  (That ole 2
wrongs thing).

If any of us had been in the same position, we probably would have been
irritated also, and probably a bit strong in our complaint.  And from what
I've read, some of the info was indeed out of date.  Blowing off the
complaint because of some disclaimer is, in my opinion, just too easy.  It
smacks of the "we reserve the right to refuse service".  Why not just say,
"Yes, you're right.  The information was incorrect.  We're sorry about the
inconvenience.  How can we help you?"

It's sort of the old adage about the customer always being right.  There
may be valid reasons why the information was missing or not up to date but
the "customer" isn't really going to be interested in hearing a lot of
excuses or passing the buck.  The person could have been more polite, but
that's not an excuse to go off on them.

To the person posting the complaint, if you've got access to the list : If
you  have any questions, feel free to contact me privately and I'll try
and help if I can.  I don't live in Bjornsborg, but I'll do what I can.

Ansgar