ANST - FW: 12th night photos

Einarr Thorbjarnarsson einarr_t at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 12 11:07:45 PST 2000

>I have gone round and round with this issue.  The reason you do not see
>pictures of this sort on the Ansteorra web is because if you can determine
>a face, you must have the permission form.  I know, I know.  The chances
>are pretty good nothing will ever come of not having a permission form, but
>an advising attorney for Ansteorra has told me that we need them
>regardless.  Now keep in mind this is for an official SCA site, such as
>that of a Barony, Shire, or any other SCA-related site.  This does not
>include private sites on peoples personal web sites.  As a matter of fact
>this is how the Ansteorra server will overcome the burden of gathering
>permission forms.  Any images that cannot be secured with a permission form
>will be housed elsewhere.  Just my two cents worth on this topic.
>Krzysztof

That's interesting.  Making out a face is the issue?  It's a good policy for
the law suit concious.  I worked as a reporter before.  Once I took a photo
of someone (in a public place and public event I was covering, mind you) and
the person was upset that her picture appeared on the front page.   Nothing
came of it because there was nothing she could do.   That was in Minnesota,
but the same rules apply here in Texas.
      Now, as far as being absolutely certain, the permission form is a
decent way to go.  The policy makes sense from that point.    Anyone can sue
anyone for any reason.   This is a good line of defense against that sort of
thing.
     Just some final thoughts.  I'll be quiet now.
     Ld. Einarr