ANST - Wading through reams of HTML

Walter J. Wakefield wjwakefield at juno.com
Thu Jan 20 21:29:35 PST 2000

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000 19:26:27 -600 gunnora at realtime.net writes:
>Pug,
>
>Is there any way to filter the lists such that they would
>automatically delete
>any portion of a post that began with <HTML> and ended with </HTML> ??

I agree with Ms Gunnora, except that I think the filter as she described
it would also delete web addresses that are sometimes posted, which we
might not want.  The times that I see the most indecipherable stuff is on
messages that say they are MIME format... and these usually have the
message twice, the second time with lots more strangenesses.  I realize
that I have old and antiquated email service (but I also don't get
attachments containing viruses (no attachments, no viruses)).  I just
thought that if the messages did not include the second copy, it would
reduce the amount of resources used in sending the message to all
subscribers.  Just a thought.  Don't know if it is practicable (suspect
not).  Anyway, thanks for considering the request.

Suzanna, the herbalist, Steppes