ANST - Clarifications regarding Sir Badon

Stacy Vanora at n-link.com
Tue Jan 25 20:47:23 PST 2000

Greetings and Warm Blessings,

	My pardons, but I gave my word to make these posts. I just hung-up the
phone with Sir Badon and he asked that I pass some word along to every
list/person that got word about his situation. I promised him I would and
took notes of the following:

1)	Clarification to some of the information put out: Badon was in this
investigation on the level of his firm , not as a part of the FBI. He
gathered evidence and turned it over to the FBI so that they could make
their move. One FBI agent gave testimony on Badon's' behalf, saying that
this was the case. Apparently, that agent's supervisor didn't see it in the
same light. Also, this testimony was not permitted into the hearing by rule
of the presiding judge... he flat-out refused it.

2)	Sir Galen's letter was correct in the address of the (minimum security)
prison where Badon will have to spend some time, regardless of what efforts
are being made right now. He *was* going to be sent to the prison in Corpus
Christy, but the change has been made to Beaumont where his lovely wife
will be able to visit him about 2-3 times a week. As far as him still going
to prison, it is a timing issue and will take that sacrifice to help make
his appeal stick more... I'm sorry to say. Also, Badon will not be allowed
to take anything of his own into this prison... not even his eyeglasses or
address book. He is mostly concerned about keeping in contact with friends
and loved ones and asks that you write to him and send your complete
contact information. He will have to rebuild his address book and I can
understand why this will be so important to him. I reiterate what Galen
said... please do NOT sent anything in a box or a hard cover book. It will
be burned and he may never even know that the attempt at the gift was even
made. Again, the address:

George E. Fox, Jr.
   #07929-078
   P.O. Box 26020
   Beaumont, TX  77720

3)	There have been a number of people asking that this be allowed to be
taken to the national media. I requested that everyone hold off and let me
speak with Badon about this. I just got off of the phone with him and his
words were somewhere along the lines of "GO FOR IT!" I add, let's keep the
SCA out of the limelight. This is a serious issue that only holds
importance in the SCA because he and his sweet wife are so well-known by us
and deeply loved.... we are their family. But, this has no direct relation
to his sentencing, indictment, appeal, etc... So, please make sure that you
keep your ducks in a row and keep the facts as presented to you straight.
He has already been sentenced and really has nothing left to lose at this
point. Our efforts are only making things better for him, let's just make
sure we have it right.

4)	He wants everyone to know that no matter what happens from this point on
in his case, it will only get better. His sentencing is what he means
specifically. As for this very moment, he's watching TV and running amuck
in his house as this is the first night in 2 months that there hasn't been
*someone* there with him.

5)	Lea has alot on her hands and mind, I'm sure. Please, add her to your
prayers. She is a beautiful, bold, and very strong woman. But I can only
imagine what she must be going through, watching her husband be accused and
treated so wrongly. Could you imagine being in her shoes? Someone give that
gal a hug for me! (Lea, Badon.... I love you guys.)

	If anyone has any questions regarding this case and how you can help,
please contact me at VanoraV at aol.com . I am closing my N-Link account
*very* soon, though I don't know the date yet. I'm moving and AOL is all I
will have after that. If you would rather send me snail-mail, then please
address as follows:

Stacy E. Dickey
(Lady Vanora Villon de Calais)
c/o Norma Stroud
504 Orange St.
Arlington, TX 76012

	For those who are helping, you could never be thanked enough. Just know
that your letters and care are making a difference. I wish I could be there
when Judge Cobb sees how many of us are backing Badon and the fire in our
eyes.

I am forever in your debt,

Lady Vanora Villon de Calais
Squire to Viscount Galen of Bristol
Supporter (and lil sis) of Sir Sion Rhys ap Badon
House at the Axe's Ford

My personal Homepage:
http://www.geocities.com/vanorav

Webminister for Baldar Blunts: