ANST - Info on Fort at Gulf War

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Fri Jan 28 16:31:58 PST 2000

Rhonda New wrote:
> ARCHERS!  This sounds like we need lots of practice
> for clout shooting!
>
> /Ly Elizabeth Hawkwood

Is clout shooting legal though? For those wondering what is meant by
this term, it is shooting upward in a high arc rather than directly
shooting at a target. Usually to shoot over a wall or other obstruction.
Particularly in this case, you cannot see the target.

Because of my eyesight I have effectively been told I will not
be allowed to shoot combat archery. The reason being that I would
be unable to distinguish between a helmeted opponant and an
unhelmeted marshal at a long range. (a hundred feet? several
hundred?) It would seem to me that shooting blindly over a wall
into (or out of) the fort should raise the same concerns.

Lord Stefan li Rous
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
Ansteorra
stefan at texas.net