ANST - Smart Recruiting

K.C. Moon kmoon at texas.net
Sun Jul 9 19:22:57 PDT 2000

At 09:25 AM 6/29/00 -0500, Isobel wrote:
>I had an idea the other day, that may be useful in attracting new
>members:

Incredibly good idea, Isobel!  Here's another extrapolation which also
fulfills our demo/educational "requirements":

How about offering to organize monthly or quarterly readings of period
poetry and literature at the local Public Library?  Such things always get
mentioned in the papers, even the alternative ones, and can even get public
service announcements.  After all, it's the Public Library.  Choose
readings from Chaucer, Boccaccio, Christine de Pisan, the Tain, any of the
Icelandic sagas, etc.  You can be pretty sure that the folks who show up
are already going to have an interest in period literature.

Definitely something to look into....

Mari