ANST - FW: Musing on July 14 -- Just a hypothetical question

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Fri Jul 14 22:39:45 PDT 2000

- -----Original Message-----
From: Ellsworth Weaver [mailto:astroweaver at yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2000 23:39
To: 2thpix at surfari.net
Subject: Musing on July 14 -- Just a hypothetical question

Dear Folk,

What if you and I wanted to take over a country and make it our own
playground? Say the country was ruled by a line of kings (but had
very
few poor serfs or slaves), had lots of money (most of it in the hands
of
businessmen and women), well-fed, religious, and by-in-large happy.
How
could we get rid of the nobility, church, and middle class? In the
meantime, can we make ourselves rich and in the driver's seat? Let's
pretend.

First thing is we need to find someone else to apparently lead this
take over. Unsuccessful coups get conspirators whacked. It would also
help if that person "leading" had some money. Causes cost gold. That
done, we need some dire grievances, thing that the king and company
have done to "wrong" the people. Keep it below 9 so folks can
remember
them. If we can artificially introduce some nice food shortages, that
will surely hack off folks.

We might want to recruit some members who are not quite the
upper-upper
crust but would like to be. Tell them how we know they are the ones
who
should be running things: barons, marquis, knights. We will
indoctrinate them through a secret club; tell them it is death to
anyone who talks. Convince them that they shall be the new kings
soon.
We can tell them that religion is what has been holding them back.
Substitute "reason" for religion. Make each feel like they are secret
MENSA members. We are going to be doing some serious bloodletting so
we
had best preach that whatever we do is okay as long as it winds up
doing it for the right cause. Teach extremism in pursuit of "liberty"
(or libertinism) is no vice. Speaking of vice, teach that the only
vice
is not doing exactly what you want right then. Get more money from
them. Remember, once we accomplish what we want, these dupes get
whacked. On the top there is only room for thee and me. Oh and,
Darling, you are looking a tad pale.

You know, once we convince folks that the king and church have been
holding them back, we might teach that national borders are part of
the
same conspiracy to keep man in chains. We could get really lucky and
franchise this out to other places. Alexander the Great was so crude
in
his strong arm tactics. Don't you think.? We can let others do all of
this for us.

We need something symbolic, an action, to get the ball rolling. How
about we "liberate" some political prisoners? It does not have to be
more than say seven but we can make a media event of it. Fact is, we
could just spring some counterfeiters and a couple demented dudes. No
prob. We would need something easy to attack,  nothing with real
guards. Don't worry, we would not have our moneyed gentry doing that
attacking. We could hire some thugs from out of town, maybe from
other
countries; get them from the rough trade in a sea port. If in the
process we can get weapons from this prison, all the better. When we
tell others of this, we can say it was "the people" who arose to
throw
off the chains of oppression. I like that a lot! What is really
funny,
after all this is over, they would probably make a national holiday
out
of this action.

Well, that was a fun exercise. Nobody would be so immoral as to ever
do
such a thing. No one would be dumb enough to fall for that. And lest
forget: Happy Bastille Day!

Let us breath together,
Ellsworth Weaver

SCA - Sir Balthazar of Endor
AS - Polyphemus Theognis
TRV - Sebastian Yeats

=====
SmileWeavers Astrology Charts & Interpretations
Modern & Medieval (but always discreet)
If you are interested, contact me at
astroweaver at yahoo.com or 805.473.8867

http://mail.yahoo.com/