ANST - Courtesy Crusade Update

Trish Kvamme ladyoftherose at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 20 08:18:48 PDT 2000

Greetings to the List.

This is the easiest and fastest was to get this announcement out, so I am
*not posting it as a discussion*, just as an announcement.

For those of you who have expressed interested, the first and second
presentations of the Oath to the Queen will be taking place at Coronation
and Queen's Champion.

We have made favors and please see me in the hall sometime during the day to
receive one if you are interested.  The Oath is planned to take sometime
during the feast, unless Her Majesty determines a time which would please
Her more.

As a group over the last 8 weeks we have planned on doing some wonderful
service work for the Kingdom, including hospitality pavilions, waterbearing,
and lots of other fun things.  Everyone and anyone is as always, welcome to
participate.

We have an open list on egroups listed as CourtesyCrusade for those who
would like to join the discussions.

Below is the Oath for those who are curious, I look forward to seeing
everyone at Coronation.

Those who wold like to join, are always very welcome.  We are looking
forward to doing alot of really fun things, random acts of kindness and
beauty, and meeting new friends!

Okay, here is a rough idea for the oath.

I, (insert name here) do stand this day before my Queen, who
symbolizes the aspects of love and beauty, grace and honor, and
nobility and gentility, to state that it is my intent by my actions to
stand as an example of courtesy and courtly graces, and by these
actions bring joy to others and more beauty to the dream.

I stand here with my fellow crusaders, and wear this favor upon my
arm, which is nearest to my heart, to remind myself that my actions speak
far more than any oath I have sworn, and promise to do my best to bring
honor to my Queen and my Kingdom.

So say I....

In love and service,

Larissa