ANST - SCA PEERS

K.C. Moon kmoon at texas.net
Sun Jul 2 13:19:33 PDT 2000

At 12:13 PM 6/22/00 -0500, Stephen wrote:

>I'm afraid I don't remember the actual ceremonies that well, but is
>this required being spoken for by representatives of each of the
>other orders only for Laurels and Pelicans? Or is this also required
>for Knights? If not, why not?

Actually, that is only a ceremonial custom, not a requirement.  And it's a
fairly late-occurring tradition.  Prior to about 10 years ago, this wasn't
done.  When this was first done in Ansteorra and for whom, I don't recall,
but people liked it and it caught on quickly.  (No mystery there --
different people standing up and saying nice and wonderful things about you
is bound to catch on.)  Initially just the other peerages spoke, then more
recently someone thought to add Lions, then Ladies of the Rose.  Heaven
only knows what's next. ;-)

Mari