ANST - art reference needed

HseTrinity at aol.com HseTrinity at aol.com
Mon Jul 10 19:15:51 PDT 2000

I believe that you may be thinking of the illuminated manuscript "Le Tres
Riches Heures du Duc de Berry, (several instance of the lady you described)
illuminated by the brothers Limbourg, begun in 1409.  That desciption could
also easily be referring to "The Magdalen Reading": by Rogier van der Weyden
c. 1440. Both of these pieces are fairly well-known and popular with medieval
enthusiasts. Good luck, and happy hunting! Please feel free to contact me if
you need any firther information on either of these pieces, or anything else.

~ Suzanne Beraud