ANST - history

jonwillowpel at juno.com jonwillowpel at juno.com
Fri Jul 21 15:53:45 PDT 2000

As far as I know Sir Koris was the first knight made in area. That why I
was so surprised when this lady was talking about a knight who was made
before I was in Ansteorra. If I am not mistaken Sir Tarl was made next
then I was made a Laurel.
 When Sir Denton was king and came to visit us at the Queen's ice. He
asked for a march of peers and then he said his knights. I had gotten
into line as the only non-belt and when he said belts I started to leave.
Sir Koris and Sir Randal refused to let me leave. They marched me up
before the king and stared him down. Later on they threw me into a privy
council that the guys were having with the king. His Majesty Denton
looked very confused. I have always  believed that the special role
ladies have in our kingdom was due to those men making sure we had  a
say.
You might not believe it but I was told in AS VII that women were not
allowed to autocrat events in Atenvelt. Men would be the official
autocrats and women could do the work, I told everyone if I didn't get
the  credit I didn't do the work. Times have  changed. I also  remember
when women were not allowed to fight.
Willow

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000 19:39:40 -0500 Susan Bowen <bbowen at ev1.net> writes:
> Bran is the only one still around and he is always vague. I have
> tried so hard
> to get him to share history, and he claims he can't remember
> anything. I did
> got some information from Shanahan before Stargate's 20th
> anniversary. I
> visited with her for an afternoon. My first event what the crown
> tourney that
> Koris Natterhelm won when it was announced that Ansteorra would
> become a
> principality, so I have literally grown up with the kingdom.
> Mistress Deirdre
> was the first peer made in "Ansteorra." Sir Tarl Mapt I believe was
> the first
> knight made in this part of Ansteorra. I get most of my "before my
> time"
> information from Sir Karl de Gangr and Mistress Kasilda. They are
> fonts of
> information.
xx