ANST - Coronation - a Thank You

Rod Jackson culn97 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 26 12:29:57 PDT 2000

Greetings,

I would like to thank all who bid on the chainmaille
coif in the silent auction to support Sir Baden.

Particular thanks must go to Lord Brian du Val, not
only for his high bid of $160.00, but also for the
manner in which he chose to make the payment.

He explained that after the Crusades, knights and
nobles were often held hostage in the Holy Lands.
Their family and friends had to hoard gold to pay
their ransom.  The standard exchange coinage for these
transactions was the gold Bizant.

Lord Brian seemed concerned at the end of the auction
about the outcome of the bidding and I had no idea
that he had purchased a bronze gobblet from one of the
merchants and had hoarded 160 (modern) gold Bizants
help in paying the ransom for Sir Baden.

I regret that I was unable to explain this properly at
the feast when I had the honor of presenting this
portion of the ransom to Her Excellency, Donna Leah.

Sir Baden is still not free, but neither is he
forgotten.

Again, Lord Brian, Thank you.

Your servant,

Colin

=====
Do, or do not.  There is no try. -- Yoda