ANST - Steppes Artisan

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Thu Jul 27 08:43:09 PDT 2000

Greetings Isabeau,

I was at first going to send this by private email, but I thought
others might find some of this useful or be able to elaborate
more on this.

I can't help directly in helping you get this scroll, but perhaps
I can offer some suggestions for now or in the future.

Perhaps Charles can have a color copy made of your scroll for
you. Then you don't have to risk the real one through the mail.
I think the copy should be fine for your intended use and certainly
there is an explainable reason that you don't have the original
on display.

Making a color copy of all scrolls in the future might be a good
idea. The cost keeps coming down and this would give the ability
to look back on the work you've done in the future. For the amount
of effort put into making a nice scroll, I think the extra cost
is fairly small; only a few dollars I believe. Probably less than
the shipping cost to get the original later.

If you are going to mail scrolls, there have been a number of
suggestions on how best to do this. You can find some of these in
this file in the SCRIBAL ARTS section of my Florilegium files:
mailng-scrols-msg  (6K)  3/ 1/99    Advice on shipping scrolls through
the mail.

When you are putting together your A&S display you might also find
some of the suggestions and comments in these files in CELEBRATIONS
AND EVENTS section of my files useful:
5x8-Doc-art       (19K)  2/17/99    "5x8 Documentation Is All It Takes:
How to
                                       Write Documentation for A&S
Entries" by
                                       Gunnora Hallakarva.
AS-cont-docu-msg  (44K)  5/ 3/99    Documentation suggestions for A&S
contests.

I hope you find this information useful. Best of luck on
your display.

Lord Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net