ANST - On Another subject entirely

jonwillowpel at juno.com jonwillowpel at juno.com
Fri Jun 2 13:18:19 PDT 2000

Thank you Lady Aerin for your kind words. They show that the actions of
individuals effect the whole populace. Many people in this kingdom
respect the Lions of Ansteorra. Why is that so? The Lions make the Magic.
Around the Lions it is easier to believe in the kingdom and whatever
dream is your special dream. The Lion of Ansteorra is an title that
carrys nothing else with it. No AOA, no Grant and no Patent. The Lion is
with the people. It carrys no awards to stress the point that being a
Lion  is something all of us can and should do.

Before I make my next statement I would like to state I often fail at
"living to the dream" so I know it is very hard to live up to this ideal.

Ideally each and everyone of us should be trying to make the dreams come
alive. We should also be very careful about doing the opposite. It is
very easy to kill the magic. It is easy to become a "dream assassin". We
all should try to very careful about our conduct at events and even at
business meetings.  Often behavior and political methods that are proper
in the mundane world are dream killers. People coming into SCA expect  a
higher level of courtesy and nobleness and honor. People in the SCA
expect that each of us will take a little extra time and make life better
 for another person. The fact that the SCA has values is one of the
things that makes our group special. We on the other hand are just
mundane, everyday people and often make mistakes. If we try to remember
the ideals of the SCA every once in a while we become that special person
we all dream we are. We make the magic and if we are living our dreams
the magic comes.

Willow