ANST - Re: Rude Laurel?

Genevieve de Courtanvaux gdc at airmail.net
Thu Jun 1 16:02:17 PDT 2000

In addition to what Don Valentine has posted I would like to say this:
I have spoken to the person that was "attacked" and she said "Good Heavens,
I thought it was no big deal. They were being a little loud and I shushed
them. They then got a little quieter." Now, to point out an additional
fact.....she did not hear all of what was said and as Master Pug pointed out
it is now archived and there is the possibility of someone asking her about
being called a "bloated pustule" and that person would be the one to hurt
her feelings. Please all remember that this is a public forum that everyone
in the Kingdom is on and there for not all involved can defend their actions
nor can the said hurt parties explain that they thought it was no big deal.
On an entirely different matter.......I have seen multiple postings
regarding "had a great time at Warlord but....." well, please consider that
the people who ran Warlord went to great lengths to make it a fun event and
may be taking the "but...." stories very personally.
Genevieve de Courtanvaux

Just out of curiousity...

Now that the issue has been made so public, I see a number of posts
to the effect that the offender should apologize, the man who did this
should be taken to task, he should have been brought before Court right
then, etc.

Has it occurred to any of you folk to actually ask for his side of the
story, rather than simply attacking him based on the initial post?

About twice a year, someone makes a public accusation on Ansteorra-net
and vents his/her version of something that happened at some event.
Before you know it, half the kingdom has chosen sides and demanded
retribution/action/policy, all based on second- and third-hand knowledge.
Her Excellency Gunnora is correct: These things should be handled in
person, preferably as they happen.  These "trials by Internet" are
ridiculous at best, and dangerous at worst.  What would restore MY
faith in mankind would be if all those people who were NOT involved to
back out of the resolution and allow the principles to handle it
appropriately.

In Service,
Valentyn Drake