ANST - Newest Pelicans & Salutes

Vicki Marsh XaraXene at home.com
Sat Jun 3 14:16:10 PDT 2000

Sir Burke wrote:

>Congratulations to Ansteorra's three newest Pelicans>

Greetings from Mistress Xene,

As have I have been reading the posts concerning salutes for consorts, I am
reminded that not only the fighters should acknowledge the love and support
of their consorts.  The Artisans and those who serve the Kingdom in so many
different ways do not get a chance to publicly salute their loved ones.

I wish to do that in this forum, especially in light of my elevation this
past week.

Don Llywelyn has been by my side for over five years.  He watches the
children so that I may attend meetings.  He has counseled me in many
matters, especially where my hotter temper has been cooled by his judicious
logic.  I have always been able to depend on him to read over my research
with an honest and critical eye.  He has stood by me as Baron of Elfsea and
been a gentleman and courtier in all things. His love of all things
Elizabethan has inspired me to create and research in that area.  His voice
when he sings or recites sonnets bring the magic home to me.  I could go on
and on, but I won't.

When I was made a Laurel, and then a Pelican, I found myself wishing that
there was someplace in the ceremony for my consort to be involved, as in a
Knighting.  Instead, I share my salute with you all.

Thank you,

Xene Theriane