ANST - Courtesy Crusade

baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org
Tue Jun 6 15:00:21 PDT 2000

Quoting Trish Kvamme <ladyoftherose at hotmail.com>:

<snip>
>Again I say "we stand
> together to try and be examples"  That means acting
nice and doing nice
> thing s for people.  No stress here.

Gee, I'm a peer and noble.  I try to do those things.
And I look for those qualities in people who also
aspire to the peerage and nobility.  I hope that my
squires and proteges will consider that their belts
place on them similar obligations as those who will be
undertaking to appear wearing these favors.  I welcome
the company in this endeavor.

<snip>
>and I leave the campsites
> to Marguerite my apprentice, who's talent for them
bewilders me *laugh*

Here in Elfsea, where we have an increasing number of
her pavillions, we're very impressed with Marguerite.

 > This is a new concept, and I think it can be alot of
fun.  Before everyone
> starts worrying, why don't you watch and see how it
goes, in other words,
> give it a chance to blossom before you decide if it
is a good or bad thing?

Which is exactly what I intend to do.  I find that I am
immensely curious to see how these 70 or so people make
out a few months down the road, wearing a favor by
which they declare themselves an exemplar of courtesy --
 which is what my white belt declares, among other
things.  Will they be burned out?  Will they take off
their favors for revelling?  Will they have remade the
kingdom in a new, more courteous image?  I'm sure with
that many people, there will be varying degrees of
dedication and success.

Good Luck!

- Galen of Bristol
Viscount, Baron of Elfsea, KSCA, Pel., Companion of the
Princess' Order of Courtesy (Drachenwald), etc.