ANST - Newcomer Maintenance Programs....

gptaylor gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Tue Jun 6 15:18:38 PDT 2000

Hello.

I am interested in learning more about programs that various groups have
used in the past to help maintain the newcomers that arrive in their
groups.

Things I know about, but mostly second hand, and am interested in other
folks' feedback:
Newcomer households:  As a new person in Bjornsborg, a bunch of us
essentially (and accidentally) did this on our own.  I'd like feedback
from those who have intentionally run such a program- how you did it,
how long, who ran, any problems, etc.

Newcomer adoptions:  Match a newcomer up with an experienced person, who
helps them integrate into the group and the SCA in general.  Again...how
you did it, how long, who ran, problems, etc.

Lots of classes.  With our last big batch of new folks in BJ, we were
running 2 newcomers meetings a month, leading up to an event.

Any other ideas?

Isobel