ANST - Tournament Company

Carl Chipman cchipman at nomadics.com
Wed Jun 7 12:41:25 PDT 2000

<chuckle>  if its hard for guys like you.... guys like me be SOL....

I have been listening to the rebellious ones on the Armour Archive, and
like any other opinion, if its repeated enough it tends to stick....

A lot of the guys have the following opinion:

1.  losing a limb to a good blow is (and looks) silly.  Any blow that would
keep you from using the limb (especially the legs) would probably have you
dead in a few seconds.  However, the proponents of the opinion cede the
point that since we are recreating a tourney not a war, the losing a limb
convention can be acceptable.

2.  Most deaths of well armoured combatants were from Multiple Injuries....

There's good and bad points, but most of the proponents of the
three-counted-blows say that they enjoy it immensely.... I dunno.  I'd like
to play with it and see..

Jean Paul de Sens

Carl Chipman
Nomadics, Inc.