ANST - More Crusading for your pleasure *L*

Trish Kvamme ladyoftherose at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 7 14:21:56 PDT 2000

Greetings to the list!

This is the "oath, promise, statement" in it's rough draft that I promised I
would post for public viewing.

We are busily posting on the egroup to make changes, add, create, etc
(insert all those fun creative supportive words here), so if you would like
to discuss it in depth please join us.

Since my dear Husband decided to take on this Tournament Company at the same
time he is supporting the Crusade endeavor, I am trying to keep as much
traffic off the main list as possible! *grin*

I loved HE Galen's post about revellers removing their favors *laugh*, but
indeed I think that merriment and jest has a tremendous place in the Courtly
Graces, for if we didn't make light of things now and again, everything
would get rather tedious wouldn't it.

So, here is the Oath in it's rough draft:

I, (insert name here) do stand this day before my Queen, who
symbolizes the aspects of love and beauty, grace and honor, and
nobility and gentility, to state that it is my intent by my actions to
stand as an example of courtesy and courtly graces, and by these
actions bring joy to others and more beauty to the dream.

I stand here with my fellow crusaders, and wear this favor upon my
arm, to remind myself that my actions speak far more than any oath I
have sworn, and promise to do my best to bring honor to my Queen and
my Kingdom.

So say I....

If you have any ideas on things to add, etc.. please write to me.

And thank you to all of you who have sent me such wonderful letters, and
especially the wonderful pictures from the vigil, knighting, apprentice
ceremonies, and yes, even the birthday "clone" apprentices I received at
Weatherlord.  It was a wonderful event and I had a tremendous time.

Between the knighting, the vigil, trying to maintain my duties to the Crown,
hosting the hospitality pavilion on the list field, and having my
apprentices take over the responsibility of the Baronial luncheons at the
last moment, the whole weekend was a blur, and the pictures mean the world
to me.

Again Thank you all!

Larissa