ANST - Courtesy Crusade

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 8 11:26:52 PDT 2000

Ulf answered me:

>>> I think I differ from you here, Morgan, in my interpretation
>>> of what was meant by the word "Crusade".  In the context of
>>> Her Grace's message, I see it as being more internal than
>>> external.

Hard to internalize a favour.

OK, assuming you are both taking the "a remedial enterprise undertaken with zeal and enthusiasm" definition, it still shivers me.  And not only in the context of the Great European Military Actions of the Middle Ages -- you never had people from the Campus Crusade for Christ "power-praying" down your dormitory hallway.

>>> Maybe I'm getting infected with this "Courtesy" stuff just
>>> from talking about it? :)

I still agree with Aslyn (do I remember correctly?) on this:  "We don't need no steenkin' favours!"

Iain noted:

>>> That's the true measure of honor: If you're honorable even
>>> when no one else would know or care.

EXACTLY.  And I don't want to have to flaunt something so that people will notice me doing it.  That's not the way I was raised (OK, it's a religious thing, too; we are taught that the best and highest-regarded acts of courtesy are the ones where nobody knows it was you, or even what specifically was done).

                          ---= Morgan