ANST -being Old Fashion

Sigen3 at aol.com Sigen3 at aol.com
Sat Jun 10 18:42:09 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/10/00 7:14:00 PM Central Daylight Time,
jonwillowpel at juno.com writes:

snip:
<< When I joined
 it is assumed that because a peer was a leader of people that it was the
 duty of a peer to help make the planned event come off well. One of the
 reasons we stressed Knights being able to perform was because they had to
 be able to keep the party and the atmosphere going if it faltered. I know
 that at the mega events there are lots of people to lots of things but I
 still believe that there is a need at the small events for peers to pitch
 in and help.  Am I being old fashion?
 Duchess Willow de Wisp >>

Greetings,

I don't believe that you are old fashioned in the least.  I believe that in
the spirit of our Society, if you see a situation where someone needs
assistance, the right thing to do is help.  If asked, and you are able, you
help.  Peers are the role models that many folks look to.  It is part of the
responsibility in my understanding.  In our barony everyone helps at events.
Sometimes folks from other groups help.  Part of the fun of our game is in
the work IMO.  Some people seem to get more enjoyment from the work than the
actual event!

Just my .02

Sigen Northkeep