ANST - Known World Squires TOurney III

Logan and/or Arielle sirlogan at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 13 20:42:00 PDT 2000

Unto the Chivalry of the Known World, greetings from Duke Logan
Ebonwoulfe, Kingdom of Atlantia.

It is with great pleasure that I announce the plans for what will be a
grandiose event to occur at Pennsic XXVIII.  I am coordinating a
tournament to be called “The Third Annual Known World Squire
Championship Tourney”.  I invite all of you to enter your squires in
this double elimination tournament.  The purpose of this is to showcase
our best students, in martial competition, chivalry, and honor.  It is
also my desire to see some friendly rivalries develop between the future
leaders of the Known World.  As all of you are aware, we have created
many friendships, through combat, that have spanned across our kingdom's
boundaries.  I would like to see these existing, and future, bridges
strengthened.  This year the tourney will be Wednesday the 16th starting
sharply at 10:00 am on the main field.  All participants are to be on
the field by 9:15 to sign in.  This year we will be in a rush due to the
12:00 pm start of the Woods Battle.  If you have a truck to help
transport the fighters to the woods following the end of the Squire’s
Championship Tourney please bring it.  If all of the fighters are
checked in by 9:30 we will be done in plenty of time to get to the woods
so please be prompt.

The tourney will be run in a standard “Atlantian Speed Tourney” format
until we reach the semi-finals.  Then the fights will be run
individually.   A hand painted scroll will be presented to the winner of
the tourney, at their respective Kingdom’s Court, at Pennsic.

The scroll will have the signatures/marks of all the Knights/Masters
present.  It will be complete, with the exception of a blank shield (for
the winner’s arms) and a blank belt tip (for their Knight’s/Master’s
arms).

In order for your student to enter you must be present at the start of
the tourney to sign the scroll.  Additionally, there is a five dollar
(US funds) entry fee for each squire.  All monies collected will be
donated to the charity of the winner’s choosing (i.e. Kingdom, Barony,
Pennsic E.M.T., Kingdom newsletter, any modern charity, etc.).  I
encourage you to make plans to witness this grand event.

If you have any questions that you would like answers to now, please
feel free to e-mail me directly at: sirlogan at bellsouth.net please put
“SQUIRES” as your subject header so that I may respond more quickly.
You can also call me at (704) 399-1200.  You may also find my camp in
(N23? Clan Ebonwoulfe).   For those of the Chivalry that are not on
these mailing lists, please forward this information to them.

Until next our paths may cross, may your aim be true, your cut deep, and
your life long.  I bid you the strength, courage and wisdom of the Wolf,
the most noble of beasts, as I remain in service,

Duke Logan

--
Speak only the truth about people, and you have no need to whisper.
-Logan (Me)

Vis,  Fortitudo, Prudentia       (Strength, Courage, Wisdom)
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf
is the Pack."
-R. Kipling

visit Clan Ebonwoulfe at: http://personal.clt.bellsouth.net/~sirlogan

visit our canton web page at:  http://guardians.atlantia.sca.org/