ANST - SCA PEERS

Mirrim and Suvdchin mirrim at moritu.net
Thu Jun 22 16:28:29 PDT 2000

At my Pelican ceremony last fall, Pendaran and Jehanne spoke for me
as Baron and Baroness of Bryn Gwlad.  It was arranged beforehand
because I couldn't be elevated at a Bryn Gwlad event anytime during
Daffyd and Octavia's reign.  I had always told people that I wanted to be
elevated in my home group, but it turned out not to be possible.  Having
the Baron and Baroness speak was the closest we could get.

Mirrim

> What's next? During this reign I know of three peers who had a member of
> the Landed Nobility speak for them. Asaph at his Knighting by his request,
> and then Keane and Xene at their 'do me now' Pelicanings at Steppes. The
> last two because the Ladies had to speak or they'd burst. Three doesn't
> make a tradition, but it does speak for a new precedent in the ongoing
> evolvement of our Peerage ceremonies...'Stacia

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."
Will Rogers