ANST - Famous people in the SCA

Sean Gulick sean at utig.ig.utexas.edu
Tue Jun 27 06:56:44 PDT 2000

Greetings,

Yes, Robert Lynn Asprin who wrote the Thieves World books among others was
known as Yang the Nauseating in the SCA and was a founding member of the Great
Dark Horde.  He will no longer speak of or answer any questions regarding his
participation due to an ugly falling out.  My knight, Viscount Wulfbrand still
sings a song he wrote about the Chivalry.  Another author is Poul Anderson and
his wife Karen Anderson both were in the SCA in the West Kingdom and he was a
Knight.  I do not know if he still plays but it is unlikely.  Some bios from
his earlier books mention their involvement.  There have been other authors as
well that were are part of the society at one time or another including of
course Marian Zimmer Bradley who was a founding member in Berkeley, California.

Cheers,
Gideon

Carl Chipman wrote:

> Is that the same Robert Asprin of the "Myth" series? like "Another Fine
> Myth" ?  I loved those books !!!!!
>
> Jean Paul de Sens

'Once more into the breach my friends...'
_______________________________
His Lairdship Gideon MacLeod

Southern Region Warlord of Ansteorra
Lieutenant of the Bryn-Gwlad War Company
Quartermaster of Bryn-Gwlad
Squire to Viscount Wulfbrand Lurkr
Defender of Lioness
Order of the Tyger's Combatant
Order of the Sable Falcon
Brother in Black, the Last Defenders of the Dragon

Home Phone: 512-249-7727
Work Phone: 512-232-3262
E-mail: sean at ig.utexas.edu
Modern Name: Sean Gulick, Ph.D.