ANST - Children

Cherie Nolan marguerite at ih2000.net
Thu Jun 1 06:45:13 PDT 2000

I also paid for the last two events a teenager to help with my children for the week end. By the time the day was half way there the teenager had about 10 plus children for
the sitter to watch. I was the only one who paid her. I don't like the idea that we over work the teenagers in the SCA. They get burned out as well. If we show them we love
them and they are doing a great service by watching our smalls so we can work then we should pay them fr there great help. These teens that watched my smalls was very good.
I paid them 20.00. They was at my side and made sure my girls was will feed and was having fun. This meant a lot to me. If your children are in the care of a teen please
pay them. Make sure the teen agree is not over worked and make sure they don't have their hands over filled. The next time I will seek out the parents and talk to them
about the problem that we had the last time. Also make sure there is a lot for the children to do. We had purchase a roll out pool, colors, bubbles, lunchables (which we
had so many children there my children had to share 8 packs with about 12 kids). The [joint I am making is see that your children are cared for by doing small things and
making sure that the sitters have a lot to do with them to make it easier. Marguerite

--
Spinning Winds Pavilions and Tents: www.spinningwinds.com
                 The future web site:    www.spinningwinds.net
Kingdom of Ansteorra's Tent Guild: tentguild at ansteorra.org