ANST - Steppes Warlord

Weiszbrod, Barbara A (Barbara) baw2 at lucent.com
Thu Jun 1 13:25:09 PDT 2000

	Padraig wrote:

> I think you did the right thing in deciding to show restraint, rather than
> giving the louts in question the tongue-lashing they so richly deserved.

I could not agree less.  Although rudeness should never be answered in kind,
telling someone when they have been rude is the only way to try to curb that
behavior.  Humans are very flawed, and often individuals will behave in bad
ways if they are allowed to get away with it.

Not stating your feelings, and then posting them on a list like this has no
effect on the individual in question, and results in little more than more
gossip.  I understand the hesitancy to speak one's mind.  Often when we hear
someone call a spade a spade, we then hear others saying things like "How
dare you question his honor", as if it is worse to recognize dishonor in
others than to be dishonorable oneself.  But unless someone is will to say
"excuse me, but that is one of the rudest things I have ever heard, and I
would appreciate it if you would keep comments like that to yourself", then
it will just go on as if it were acceptable.

Alys
Steppes