ANST - Re: Rude Laurel?

Pookie Pookie-W at home.com
Fri Jun 2 14:51:16 PDT 2000

Thats ok, I must have mis-read the original post too. I thought it was a
Dona who was being rude and making comments about a Laurel after the Laurel
"shhhhed" her. <shrug>

Guess this is like the game we used to play as kids, "telephone" where you
whisper a phrase into your neighbors ear and they in turn do the same to
their other neighbor etc until its gone all the way around the room, was
pretty amazing how what ended up being said never resembled what was said
initialy.

Guess this will teach me to save e-mails and not delete them until a thread
is stopped so that I can refer back when I start getting confused!

MagD'Leigha

> Now I'm confused here. I had thought she said a member of the rapier
community
> made the rude comment, not the Laurel.
> I was painting till 3 in the morning so pardon the inability to follow a
simple
> thread.
>
> What would really restore my faith in mankind is to hear that the offender
has
> seen the error of his ways and apologized. But then I do live in my own
private
> Idaho.
> At least if he reads this list he will be aware that his " wit" used in
such a
> way is considered dull, rude and boorish.
> Tegan
>
> "C. L. Ward" wrote:
>
> > It was alleged:
> > >We both set and fumed for awhile, then she and
> > >her companion (the Laurel) were called into
> > >Court. As they left he said "Oh, (explete
> > >deleted), don't tell me that fat cow is getting a
> > >award!" When asked by someone else who he was
> > >speaking of, he said "That bloated pustule that
> > >told me to shut up! How about we split her open
> > >and see what she is made of?"
> > >I almost went to His Majesty for redress of the
> > >situation, then and there. I moved, instead.
> >
> > While I can imagine someone being rude, I know all our male Laurels and
not
> > one of them would ever say anything like this, I don't think.  For that
> > matter, I am perhaps one of the least demure of the female Laurels, and
> > wouldn't say such a thing myself! Has some embellishment been added
here?

> > Please do contact me privately at <gunnora at realtime.net> and I will help
> > you take up the issue with the gentleman in question.  It is the job of
> > peer and a noble to act as champion for others when needed.  Don't let a
> > situation fester, don't whine about it -- be proactive and address the
> > issue and seek a remedy, whether you do it yourself or get help!
> >
> > ::GUNNORA::
> >
> > Wæs Þu Hæl (Waes Thu Hael)
> >
> > ::GUNNORA::
> >
> > Baroness Gunnora Hallakarva, OL
> > Lion of Ansteorra
> > Ek eigi visa þik hversu oðlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na
Hersis-Aðal
> > (Ek eigi thik hversu odhlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na
Hersis-Adhal)