ANST - Re: Rudeness in Court

Trish Kvamme ladyoftherose at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 2 14:56:28 PDT 2000

I guess there was alot of rudeness in Court Warlord weekend.

During my Husband's Knighting Ceremony, which I thought was very beautiful
(I know I am biased here *L*), I noticed that the hall was very attentive
and when the peers were speaking, you could have heard a pin drop, and I
thought it was just wonderful.

However, one of my apprentices had a different experience, she because so
frustrated with the woman behind her, that she found it necessary to ask her
to be quiet.  Very pointedly I might add.

It seemed that no matter what happened in court, who was called up, how
someone walked, didn't matter, this woman had some uncouth comment, and I
guess the entire front row was about to turn around and have words with her.

So, in a way this ties in with my other subject matter.  Manners, they
matter.  All of us get distracted in court, but when we get distracted and
start getting noisy, we are detracting from something that is very
important, not only to the person who is standing before the Royalty, but
the people in the hall who really want to witness this special moment.

I am thinking about starting a Ladies Crusade for the Courtesies.  A group
open to all who would like to join, where we pay our homage and respect to
the Queen, and do our best to share the virtues of these chivalric
courtesies by standing as examples in all we participate in.

The group would be recognized by the favor's that they are wearing, and I
think it could be alot of fun.

If anyone is interested write me : ladyoftherose at hotmail.com

I have been kinda playing with a charter for the group, and at some point
will actually try and see if we can't make this something fun!

Larissa