From the Administrator ( Re: ANST - Re: Rude Laurel? )

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Fri Jun 2 15:20:57 PDT 2000

Valentyn (valentyn at home.com) said something that sounded like:
> About twice a year, someone makes a public accusation on Ansteorra-net
> and vents his/her version of something that happened at some event.
> Before you know it, half the kingdom has chosen sides and demanded
> retribution/action/policy, all based on second- and third-hand knowledge.
> Her Excellency Gunnora is correct: These things should be handled in
> person, preferably as they happen.  These "trials by Internet" are
> ridiculous at best, and dangerous at worst.  What would restore MY
> faith in mankind would be if all those people who were NOT involved to
> back out of the resolution and allow the principles to handle it
> appropriately.

Thank you Valentyn. I unfortunately had not been reading the thread
until just now. (Busy week)

Folks, despite the fact that no names were named, apparently a lot of
people know who this is, and this is not an appropriate venue for this
type of discussion. The mailing lists can do a lot more harm in this
type of situation than they can good. The individual does not get to
defend themself, people will only remember or read parts of the
messages, and they are recorded forever in the public archives.

Let's please be reasonable and directly approach people when we have a
problem. If you don't feel comfortable with that, there must be someone
you are comfortable approaching about it to discuss it with to help get
issues resolved.

Ciao,