ANST - Courtesy Crusade

Trish Kvamme ladyoftherose at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 6 11:28:23 PDT 2000

"Dear Duchess Larissa

I too have problems with the Courtesy Crusade. Please remember that
during the real crusades many people started out with high ideas and when
they fell from grace they because cynical and disillusioned. I feel
courtesy should be a private quest. When we place ourselves as models of
courtesy we are bound to fail sooner or later.  If we fail we will become
'dream killers". and I don't want to take that chance. I think we could
do more if we all started to reward courtesy with largess and word fame.

Duchess Willow de Wisp"

Sorry you don't like it Your Grace, truly I am, but I plan on going through
with it.  I have had almost 60 responses, and am encouraged.

Gunthar was teasing me.  He does that.  And without him this Kingdom would
not be half as fun as it is.  I have found him to be a shining example of
courtesy in all honesty, although he makes light of himself.

  The group is not to police anyone's actions, but as I stated to try their
very best as individuals to stand as examples of courtesy in the middle
ages.  Everyone falls sometimes, and that is why it is a crusade open to all
comers, so that we can encourage each other.

That is what the favor is for, to remind ourselves, and to sit on our arms
as a sign that we are trying.

It is, after all, voluntary *grin*

So, I think we can make this a fun thing.  Sir Duncan and I travel alot, and
I think that I have had some interested from all corners of Ansteorra.

I want this to be a beautiful and fun thing.  I think those with
trepidations shall see that this indeed is not "Miss Middle Ages Manner's
Storm Troopers", and seriously rereading my posts I can't see where anyone
would get that idea, but hey, individualism is what makes this Kingdom
great.

So that I can handle all the information requests I am trying to field here,
I am setting up an egroup for it.  I will post the address later for those
interested.

In Service to Ansteorra and the Dream,

Larissa